-->

September 6, 2012

MOPAR Wedding Entrance & Getaway

My entire life, I have tried to know enough about cars, particularly MOPAR cars, to impress my dad when the opportunity presented itself. I always wanted to be "in on the fun” when he went to car shows, bought an old rusty shell out of a barn, or finished a project; I wanted to be there and for him to want me to be. The muscle cars he continues to collect and restore have always been a “me and my dad thing."  


When it came time for me to go to my first prom, I never blinked and knew I, not my date, would be driving us there. Of course, my date was happy to let me pick him up in a 1970 440 Pro-street Satellite Sport with open headers that shook the ground and sounded like a thunderstorm. I had to drive barefoot since stilettos didn't give me enough grip! 




When it came to my wedding, I knew we could incorporate a little MOPAR magic to make it unique and something only the Fullerton family could pull off. The wedding was incredible in every way, but what most guests never saw coming and will never see again was my entrance!










While all the guests parked in the field and walked up the path following the arrows to the ceremony, they passed by the barn my family had built, which would soon host the reception. The large doors were closed, and a few “guards” monitored to make sure no one entered. 





Once everyone had taken their seats, the guitarist started to play a sweet song while our mothers, followed by the bridesmaids, walked down the aisle.







Pastor Joe then said, “All rise,” and everyone looked all around the open hilltop to see where I would be coming from. Two of my father’s friends were in the barn, with me and my dad, watching the guests through a crack in the doors. As the guests started to rise, they ceremoniously pulled back the doors.






My dad and I slowly rolled out of the barn in a white 1969 Road Runner and made a circle around the ceremony site.






We pulled up to the back of the ceremony site and walked up the aisle.

Those moments in the barn, with my dad waiting for the cue that it was our turn and driving up to the ceremony as everyone looked on, were so special. This was truly a “me and my dad thing.”




Of course, that could not be the only dramatic element involving a MOPAR machine for a glorious occasion.

As appropriate as driving up to the alter in a white, original, and unquestionably classic Road Runner, it was just as fitting to leave the reception in a black 1970 GTX.  As we peeled away from our families and friends, we both had the perfect end to our wedding festivities, driving down the highway (maybe a few miles over the speed limit) in a true icon of American Muscle.










NEW ADDITION TO THIS 2012 BLOG, 2024, our wedding turned into its own small 
business and another father-daughter venture

North Texas Wedding Venue








Check out our latest Father-Daughter project: PartingOut.com
It's Your Online Salvage Yard! 

If you have one part to sell out of your garage or 10,000 vehicles to PartOut, PartingOut.com is the place to buy and sell used auto parts online.


Pin It

6 comments:

  1. I think it’s cool for a girl to be living around muscle cars. You even had to drive your date to the prom! :D Anyway, it’s nice to see both you and your father driving the bridal car. Moments like these are never too late to take place, after all. I’m sure this interest is in common with you and your now husband. :D

    --> Timmy Radloff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Timmy! Its always been a great thing we share and something that is even more important to us as we work on our used auto parts marketplace - PartingOut.com which we hope is a great tool to save more of these cars from decay and instead become a resource to restore other MOPARS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats to you and your new husband! what an original and classy way to do something thats been done the same way since the dawn of time. I love it although Its gonna be hard for guys to top that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. Coolest wedding ever. Love the cars! We are not incorporating my fiances Mopars since it's in the dead of the winter, but I don't think I could beat this!

    ReplyDelete